If NWTC does not have the item you need, you can find it in WISCAT and request it for free.
When you find an item in WISCAT, you can click the "Push Button" icon under the book image to Request the item from other libraries. Otherwise, you can also click on the image of the book cover to learn more about the book and then click the orange Request This Item button from the details screen.
- For books, DVD's, and CD's, the Request Type should be Returnable (loan). The item information will auto-fill for you.
- For articles, the Request Type should be Non-Returnable (copy). Fill in as much of the citation as you can in the Article Information section.
- You will need to enter the Need By date (or keep the date listed). Make the date at least two weeks from now or libraries may cancel your request if they don't think they can get it to you by the date you entered.
- Enter a Password so you can track this request.
- Enter your Last Name, First Name, NWTC ID Number, Email/Phone, and any additional notes about this request.
- Click Submit and close the request.
We will contact you when the item arrives (around 1-2 weeks).